On Your Finger Tips

Monday, March 03, 2008

Crunchy-Topped cocoa Cake

Ingredients :

All-Purpose flour - 1 1/2 Cups
Sugar - 1 Cup
HERSHEY'S Cocoa - 1 Cup
Baking Soda - 1 Tsp
Salt - 1/2 Tsp
Water - 1 Cup
Vegetable Oil - 1/4 Cup + 2Tsp
White Vinegar - 1 Tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 Tsp
Broiled Topping(Recipe Follows)
Method :
1) Heat oven to 350 degree F.Grease and flour the pan and keep aside.
2) Stir together flour,sugar,cocoa,baking soda and salt.Add water,oil,vinegar and vanilla;beat with a spoon or whisk just until batter is smooth and well blended.Pour batter into prepared pan.
3) Bake 35-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.Meanwhile ,prepare the Broiled Topping; spread on warm cake.Set oven to broil; place pan about 4 inches from the heat.Broil 3 minutes or until top is bubbly and golden brown.Remove from oven.Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Broiled Topping :
Softened butter or margarine - 1/4 Cup[1/2 stick]
Packed Light Brown Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Chopped Nuts - 1/2 Cup
MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes - 1/2 Cup
Light Cream or Evaporated milk - 3 Tbsp
Combine everything in a bowl until well blended.

Recipe Source :Easy Baking HERSHEY'S COCOA by Publications International Limited.

26 comments:

DK said...

Yummmooooooooooooo!

Dhivya said...

Wow!lovely cake....yummy

Viji said...

Thanks DK.Its really yummy with the crunh sweet coconut topping.

Viji said...

Thanks Dhivya,its really easy,with out eggs and yummy too.

Purnima said...

Viji, the cake looks lovely! Is eggless, using a nice coconut topping which crunches and uses broiling mode! Its on my hv to try lists! tks a ton for sharing!!Pic looks pretty inviting!

Rachel said...

Anything to do with choc is yumm!

Viji said...

Thanks Purnima.Yah,its an eggless cake,just blend everything together pour in a dish and bake.the crunch coconut topping is the best part I loved :-)

Viji said...

Thaks for your comment Rachel and welcome to my blog.Yah its yummy for all chocolate and coconut lovers :-)

Mansi said...

this is like a streusel cake, and I love coconut in cakes! I made a coconut-poppy seed cake some time back, and I have a yellow cake posted today!

This eggless version is really nice Viji!:)

Viji said...

Thanks manasi.Yah,the crunchy coconut toping was real good.I will check out your cake,thanks again.

Cynthia said...

Since the top is crunchy, I'll eat that part and leave the rest :) just like a kid would probably do (lol)

Viji said...

Exactly cynthia,even i did the same thing lol:-)

Sagari said...

love the topping

Viji said...

Thanks sagari and welcome to my blog.Yah,i loved the topping very much :-)

lubnakarim06 said...

Crunchy top of cake is making me drool. Cake looks yummy.

Viji said...

Thanks for your comment and welcome to my blog,Kitchen flavours.its for all the coconut and choclate lovers :-).

ARUNA said...

awesome cake!!!!!

Viji said...

Thanks Aruna.

USA Restaurant said...

Food is something which is always relishing.I am totally impressed by your blog and I am in a mood to return soon.

Ann said...

Viji, I had you in Google Reader, and recently your ribbon rice popped up again when Iw as doing a search on biriyani, and I had forgotten all about it. I have bookmarked it again, hope to try it out. Wish youwere back in the blogging scene :-)

xandra said...

your blog is fantastic..yammy cake

Viji said...

Thanks for the comment and giving me the spirit to come back to the blogging.Hope I will be back soon.Please do prepare Ribbon Rice and give the feed back.Hope you like it.

Viji said...

Thanks Xandra :-)

www.ChiCha.in said...

hii.. Nice Post

Thanks for sharing

Ain said...

hmmmm Swedish......asOume....aCtually it is my favourite and in your blog the method explanation is very fantastic......

Halra said...

my family loves a cakes,
i think this is a great cake - Crunchy Topped cocoa Cake, very good, i like it.
thanks a lot for this cake recipe